Monday, March 21, 2011

The Little Things

Yesterday I was asked to attend a training class about the Basics. The Basics are the things we do to make Disney Service the best there ever was. I really like the classes. Some Cast Members think it's too much, but I think it's a wonderful thing to be reminded again and again of what's expected of us.

The class yesterday lasted about two hours and we just discussed ways we could more fully use the basics. The four basics are:

- I project a positive image and energy.
- I am courteous and respectful to all Guests, including children.
- I stay in character and play the part.
- I go above and beyond.

Sometimes doing those things is hard. Working becomes exactly that... work. The lady suggested that we notice what the little things are that remind us of why we do our job. Mine is Space Mountain itself. I love it. I love that ride. I was able to go on it last night before I left work and every time I go I'm reminded again why I love it so much. It's beautiful. There is so much to imagine in there. It's like a science fiction book in one experience. That's my reminder.

What are the little things that remind you that you love what you do?

Have a good day everyone!

1 comment:

  1. It's seeing all my kiddos come running across a parking lot at work to see me during my break. It's seeing them turn around and happily go off to the mall. It's seeing their smiles and their bright eyes. It's watching Heather and Amber in their little "cave" snuggled up together watching a movie on Amber's computer. It's Nicholas and Ryan taking out the garbage together or hammering the plastic over the deck while precariously hanging on to the edges! LOL I LOVE being a Mom!! It's the best thing in life!

    ReplyDelete